Monday, February 21, 2011

One down...

Tommy had a really good day.  Pray he has a really good night!
Tom - playing rough with his dad just before bed.

Dry fit.  You can see the pocket screw holes in the rails to secure the bench top.

Glued up and clamped - what better place than in the middle of the kitchen?  It was too cold to glue up in the garage, and I wanted it inside where it's warm.  I've learned the hard way (at my mother-in-law's) that you shouldn't glue-up on a carpeted floor...  I added two additional rails in the center for strength because these are such long benches - should be able to seat 3 adults.

Ta-da.  With the top screwed on and the edges relieved with my new 1/2 inch, 2 horse router!

It fits under the table nicely, and sits just right for our table height.  One down, one to go.  Of course, there's a bit of sanding, staining, and finishing to be done...



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok...when are you making one for me...I just need it to fit two little butts.

Elizabeth said...

Second cutest baby ever :) Love that boy.

Like the benches too, looking forward to using them A LOT when you have us over for dinner.

Followers