Monday, April 25, 2011

Tulip Time

We went to Tulip Time on Saturday at Thanksgiving Point to enjoy some good Dutch Culture.  We saw some traditional Dutch footwear.
I asked for a discount because I was Dutch, and received one (even though there wasn't such a discount, I just used my powers of persuasion).
Saw some traditional Dutch flowers.
And some not so traditional flowers.
Saw a cute Dutch boy.
Read some traditional Dutch proverbs.
Saw some big-ol' Dutch shoes.
Played with a Dutch windmill.
Got my Dutch on.
And played a traditional game - Dutch bingo.  I noticed these kids looking at my mom and whispering.  As I was about to ask I could help them in some way, they asked "Mrs. Bakker?".
These kids were students in one of my mom's first 3rd grade classes, circa late 1990's.
Saw some more pretty flowers.
And got some fun family pics.

No comments:

Followers