Monday, May 9, 2011

A Boy & His Swing

My Grandpa made me a really cool swing when I was a little boy.  It was like a basket with sides, and he used old wooden sewing spools to space out the bars.  Knowing Tommy likes "action" (getting tossed in the air, flipping upside down, etc), I we figured he'd enjoy a swing too.  Aside from his nursery, this was my first "daddy project" where I got to build something for my son.  I based the design on my recollection of my old swing.



"Higher Dad!"  Tommy loves to swing high - sorry Grandmas...
Because it's still cold & rainy outside, I felt compelled to add swing points inside too.  Our kitchen still needs a remodel, so a couple eyebolts in the ceiling won't hurt anything.
Yup, this is a new favorite activity in the Bakker house - I think his mom & dad love it just as much as he does...

No comments:

Followers