Sunday, December 13, 2009

Almost ready for drywall



Our shower valve arrived last week, which allowed me to finish the rough plumbing yesterday.  Unlike a typical shower where everything is hidden in the wall, this valve and shower head standpipe are chromed and exposed.  It's manufactured in the UK, and we bought it on Ebay for half the price of the crummy chinese-made parts at home depot.

The supply lines had to be exactly 5 3/16" apart on center so I used some scrap plywood, doubled them up, and made this frame.  I also got to use my handy pocket screw jig to fasten it to the framing.


This probably looks like a big mess to everyone, but the plumbing is gorgeous to me.  I threw some left over fiberglass insulation over/under most of the drain lines to help dampen the noise common to ABS drains.

The bookcase and dresser are in place!  They're a terrific use of space and will help the master suite feel much larger.


I need to finish piecing the sub-floor back together and we'll be drywalling this week with a little luck!

Since the 2nd bedroom up here needed very little work, it's now a temporary storage room.  Like my marble-top vanity?  That should give you an idea of the finish materials coming soon - Deluxe!

3 comments:

Jason Addink said...

You've got a pocket screw jig? Sheesh, you are Norm Abram!

ahijon said...

I'm just relieved you know a pocket screw jig isn't something that folds up into my pocket...

Jason Addink said...

I may not be Norm, but I do watch him!

Followers