Thursday, December 3, 2009

My First Drawers!

I've read that drawers are difficult to make, and now I know first-hand...  They turned out really well though, and I'm looking forward to attaching the glides this weekend.  After that I'll add poplar facing and trim to finish, and haul them upstairs.

I have experience with dovetail joints on a knife box I made for a chef friend.  However, because I wanted to finish this sometime in 2009, I used a much simpler but strong locking dado.

Because I was accused of not taking safety seriously, here's photographic evidence of my eye and ear protection, as well as a "chicken stick" so I don't chop off my hand.  Never mind that my pant leg almost lit on fire next to my toasty heater (yes, there is a door open for ventilation off camera).  I also did not use a celebrity to conceal my identity, or did I.....?

1 comment:

Jason Addink said...

Hey, that almost looks like the real Bakker! Although, with a post titled "My first drawers" I was a little afraid to find a picture of you without pants...

Followers