Tuesday, July 13, 2010

4 Weeks

Tommy is 4 weeks tomorrow!  He was 8lbs 6oz a few weeks ago, and he's getting stronger.  I was able to get him to stand tonight for a little while, and he's much better able to control his noggin.  He's also seen his first forest fire right above his house - some kids lit the mountain up with fireworks.  I didn't get any decent pictures, but it was cool to watch.  There were 2 helicopters and 2-3 medium planes that bombed the fire with water and retardant non-stop for a day.  A hot-shot crew worked all night, and then another 1/2 day of bombing to finish up.  It burned about 60 acres.  I only got a couple crummy pictures after the sun went down, but you can see a good news clip here - I'm sure glad the fire "burned uphill and not down" too or I'd start questioning the basic laws of physics.  Also, for the record, I've purposely tried to start a fire with lead bullets (and a little accelerant) and don't believe it's possible, but am glad we could conjecture like buffoons for several minutes about it.  I actually heard the fire was started by gun bearing conservatives that were trying to burn up all their money before B. Hussein Obama got his filthy hands on it...


The other night I sported the shirt that my buddy Jason bought me.

Tommy posed right on cue.

Tommy also helped his mom & dad select a new car.  We finally made the big-buy and puchased a 2007 Honda Accord EX-L.  It's super nice with black leather interior, low miles, and most important a 3.0 VTEC 6 cylinder - it really pulls.


Look close and you can see Tommy's whispy hair - funny.  Of course, you don't have to look close to see his dad's Tom Selleck hair style.

For the record, I actually put this guy to shame.


Until tonight my sister-in-law had this theme song as my personalized ring-tone when I called.  When your cool, you're cool I guess.
I'll have to give that boy a haircut soon - don't want someone mistaking him for a long-haired hippie - it's just not 'merican.  Besides, now that I'm not cutting the dogs hair I have a great set of clippers lying around.

Hippies smell.

To round out my posting tonight - enjoy the photo of the big dead scar left from the tree removal.  I'll have to wait for cooler weather and try to re-sod.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

He's getting so big!!! I miss him:(. About thanksgiving, I'm supposed to work the day after thanksgiving,but I'm going to try and switch it so we can come up. I"ll let you know. Mom is really excited to come up there this weekend - give Tommy a cuddle from his Auntie Sarah. Love you guys.

Followers