Tuesday, July 20, 2010

5 Weeks

Tommy is 5 weeks tomorrow morning.  I mentioned previously that he was kind of standing - I've since been taught that it's not called standing when I hold him up and his legs touch the table under him.  He is, however, much stronger and growing up as little boys tend to do.  Grandma & Grandpa Bakker came up from Phoenix to see him this weekend, as well as his Great-Uncle Pete.  I promptly put everyone to work.


Mom & Uncle Pete came up Friday and helped me with a bunch of yard work - THANK YOU!



Mom also enjoyed her grandson quite a bit this weekend.  She taught me some new moves that Tommy seems to like quite a bit.

Numero Uno - Mario Bakker waiting for Tommy to leave permanently.  Sorry buddy, he's here to stay.


I told Mom to spank harder because he didn't seem to mind.  Just kidding, she did not deliver his first ass-tanning.




We see flashes of so many family members in Tommy - here he reminds me of Grandpa Pat, and his incredible bat-like hearing. 
For comparison, my Mom brought up some old photos from when I was a baby.  My scanner isn't working, so forgive me for the crummy close-up camera shots.  That's my sister Sarah and me at 3 days.  I was surprised Tommy looks so much like I did as a baby.  This bodes well for him  - he'll likely turn out studular like his poppa.

One of his name-sakes, his Great-Great Granpa Thomas Gordon.

Yes, me, as a baby in a swing.

And again, me as a baby on some horse thing that my Grandmother crafted out of a single piece of maple that she cut down with her teeth, and carved with her stern look.  Oh wait, my mom just told me that my Grandmother just bought it at some store.

I also listed our old Volvo for sale online.  You'd better hurry to get in on this opportunity.  Jason and I corrected a few things when he was up.  We took it to Checker to borrow their code-reader, but couldn't find the dang computer port.  Turns out this Volvo actually has a fault code "reader" under the hood that uses morse-code of sorts that you reference in a code list.  We addressed what it indicated, I reset the engine light, and nothing has come back on...  Sometimes I wish babies had ODB code-scanner ports...

No comments:

Followers