Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It's a Revolution!

I may look like a pregnant drag-queen (of sorts), but this thing has revolutionized my life.  BT (Before Tommy), I moved 100 mph all the time.  In a typical week I could repair 2-3 cars, mow the lawn, build a cabinet, and clean up the garage.  AT, I'm lucky to mow the lawn at some point in a week.  Katie's experience has been similar, so I bought her a "Moby" (the black thing wrapped around my body) thinking it would help her feel a little more productive.  The problem is she smells like breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks to Tommy, so he thinks it's time to eat when she puts him in it.  I on the other hand, clearly do not smell like anything edible, so I've enjoyed much success carrying the little bugger around in it.  He's actually snoozing in the Moby pictured here.
Snoozeville.  Now at least I can move about 25 mph...
He also enjoys being carried this way.  He watches me cut veggies and wash dishes.  I don't cook with him in it though - don't want to burn those little piggies.


Seems like I can get him to fall asleep in about 10 minutes flat in the Moby.  Of course, at night when we're desperate to sleep too, a mouse fart wakes him up...  But no, this is Tommy sleeping while I hang pictures on the wall with Katie, banging nails with hammers.  Go figure.  You can see where I fell through the ceiling here.  We may be demolishing the kitchen this winter...  stay tuned.

This is the 2nd revolution at my house this week.  It's a gasoline powered yard vacuum.  My Grandpa Bakker had one, and I've been looking for one for several years used.  "Billy Goats" typically sell for nearly $1000 used.  This is a cheap knock-off (though it has a Honda motor) that I found for $80.  What used to take me 30-45 minutes to sweep, takes me about 5 minutes to vacuum.  It'll also make everyone deaf in my neighborhood (I'm wearing ear protection).
And now some fun pics of my boy.  This was the outfit I was baptized in.

Tommy must be a little skinnier than I was...

A common look for Tommy - an impish grin about to break into a big smile and laugh.  He must have his parent's sense of humor.


He's not always smiling.  He must be channeling great-grandpa Bakker with that wrinkly brow.

Tommy also managed his own self-portrait tonight...  (that's a joke Chris).

4 comments:

shelleystirs said...

Jon and Katie, your little guy is so cute!

Elizabeth said...

Okay, I seriously LOVE that kid - LOVE HIM! I was just telling Katie yesterday how much I love it when he does that pose with his arms spread wide - what a cutie - I am SO blessed to spend many hours and days and on end with him. Also, I like that you wear the Moby, I just wish you had on your Dickies, maybe that would butch it up a bit :)

Jason Addink said...

Oh. My. Goodness.

Never thought I would see you in some girly baby wrap. But it's a good look for you.

Paige says she has a cream one your could borrow, if you wanted more options for outfit coordination.

This is the life said...

Kitchen this winter you say? Let me know when you need to order cabinets :)

Followers