Monday, January 2, 2012

Did you feel the earth stop turning -

For about 30 seconds this weekend?  I stumbled accross a new way to build a fire that I've not encountered before - a swedish torch or swedish stove.  I'll let you check out your own youtube videos, but there's a few ways to make.  I chain-sawed an old stump, and Tommy & I enjoyed a nice little fire on Saturday.

I was dismayed that somehow cadets failed to teach me about every form of campfire, but elated that the magic was somehow new again.  The top of the log makes a nice platform for cooking in a pinch.

1 comment:

Jason Addink said...

I'm guessing the most likely reason is that no one allowed us to use chainsaws as Cadets. Pretty sure they had their hands full just keep us all from poking each others eyes out with smoldering sticks around the campfire. Allowing us chainsaw use and teaching us the ability to ignite random stumps around the forest probably wouldn't have been a wise idea. :)

Followers