Sunday, January 22, 2012

Ho hum

Well, it was too good to last.  It seemed like we had a couple weeks of gorgeous spring-like weather, only without the rain.  I got my fence engineered, plans drawn, and materials purchased a few weeks ago.  I knew I was cutting it close, looking at the forecast, but was shooting for a Saturday with 30% chance of light snow.  I figured we might get a skiff if anything, and certainly not enough to cancel my plans.  Besides, I was going to rent a gas-auger to drill post holes to save me some time...  This is precisely why 30% chance of light snow turned into this...
So, instead of putting in Tommy's first fence (and getting us one step closer to getting another dog...  for Tommy), we spent the day cleaning up from the storm.  
Helpin' out Don & Janet next door.
Tommy's pretty good about keeping his mittens on.
It took another week for most of this snow to melt, bringing us into this weekend which forecasted rain.  I figured it would only be a light drizzle in the AM, and I could dig post holes in the afternoon.  But oh no, it poured all weekend, ending in snow Saturday night.  We'll try again next weekend.

So, with the weather delays, we've just been hangin' out.
Fixing light sabers.
Taking photography lessons.
And catching up on chores like getting our haircuts at Grandmas.
 Wait for it.
Better hurry Grandma - we're out of candy to bribe him.
And we're out.  Part of me understands why some parents might let their son's hair grow out like a hippie or a little girl's.  You'll thank me later son.


Remember this fire?
I smelled the pungent smoke from it for days.  Turns out it smoldered all the way into the ground, and through the main roots.  I meant to snap a picture before it covered up with snow.  If it's still a nice little root-shaped void in the soil when the snow melts I'll put up a picture.











1 comment:

PatEUtah said...

Burning that stump was what I tried to teach you a year and a half ago!

Followers