Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Saturday Adventure

I decided to take Patrick to Smith & Edwards last weekend to show him the tank & cannons they have in the junkyard. I also needed some new coveralls, but they didn't have my size (I will not publish any comments related to my Dickies, so don't bother...). Katie & Wiz came along with the babies.
I didn't have room in the van to take this giant aluminum antenna home...
Inside the tank
Driving the tank
It was raining and pretty cold, so after a while outside we were ready to go.  We heard about a restaurant in the area being a local landmark.  The first guy I asked in the parking lot said it had to be Maddox and gave us directions.
We'd heard it was some sort of diner.  It turned out to be diner, steakhouse, burger joint, wedding & reception hall, and drive thru...  Totally bizarre.  The parking lot was huge, the building looked like multiple additions stacked on each other (which turns out is true), and there were about 100 people waiting in the lobby for a table.  I was highly intrigued.  There's a cold display case in the waiting area where you can buy burgers, chicken fried steaks, bison, turkey fried steaks, etc.  They butcher onsight - in fact, there's a holding pen for cattle so you can see the cows about to be slaughtered for tomorrow's menu.  It's like a live lobster tank on steroids.  Somehow we only waited 15-20 minutes and were greeted with a basket of rolls that rival Little America's - a feat not easily achieved.  We all ordered fried chicken because they're famous for it.  They also have home made birch rootbeer on the menu.  I can't stop thinking about it, it was so delicious.
We'll have to take my folks there when they're back in town.

1 comment:

This is the life said...

I am in shock that you have never been there.... shock I tell ya!

Followers