Thursday, January 7, 2010

D - Luxe!

Our tile setter Brent Barney continues to exceed our expectations of quality.  A speed-demon he's not (nor is he exactly cheap), but he makes sure all the prep-work and planning is perfect before he sets one tile.

2nd bathroom - still needs to be grouted.  Unlike our first bathroom remodel with vintage hexagonal tile, these tiles are layed flawlessly.  The grout lines between tile mats are perfectly even wall to wall.  I should email this photo to our first contractor (on our Harvard house) so he can see what it SHOULD look like.


My new shower - also before grout.  They're hard to see, but the window sill, soap shelf, and shampoo cubby are finished with carrera marble.


Marble floor in the master.  The shower curb will be capped with 3 solid marble pieces.



Mario is very happy with his new bathroom floor too, but is apprehensive that he might be bathed in that new shower.  Surely I'll feel like I'm living in the Grand America Hotel - 5 Di - a - mond!

3 comments:

Auxiliary said...

I can't wait to come and take shower in the new deluxe bathroom! (this is your sister sarah. for some reason google won't let me create a new ID as this is the one that I made for the school. Hmm, I'll have to work on that)

Elizabeth said...

He's come a fer pace since we saw it a few days ago! It looks awesome!

This is the life said...

Where did you get the marble?

Followers