Sunday, March 28, 2010

Baseboards

Katie's blood test came back - she's avoided the "Betis" which is a relief.  Her dad has type 2, and her sister has gestational diabetes.  We've been mildly concerned given some family history.  She continues to run elevated blood pressures in the Dr's office, but at home they're normal which we've been charting.  After measuring her belly, the Doc indicated it was "perfect", but I am unathorized to share photographic evidence of my wife's bodily perfection.  Her sister loving refers to it as the little basketball belly.

I had several late nights at work this week again - I left the operations side so I wouldn't have to work so many hours and late nights...  I guess I'm happy to have good job, but hope we hire some sales assistants soon to help with all the busy work.  I ended the week with some sort of stomach bug that made itself known in the middle of my Whopper dinner at Burger King Friday night.  I'll skip to noon on Saturday where I got out of bed and downed a bunch of ibuprofin and got to work piecing in all the baseboards.  I'm feeling much better today so Katie and I got them painted and installed.  We're obviously getting better at the whole remodel thing - our first house didn't have baseboards for 3 years.  In fact, we installed the final baseboards right before we sold it.



Whoa - action shot - I should have warned you all before hand.  To save everyone some time with inquiries - yes, I really do move like a ninja version of Chuck Norris as illustrated.  Check out the fire hydrant Jason - that might come in handy with my son on the way.

No, Chuck Norris wouldn't wear a respirator either.


Katie and I, unsatisfied with anything labeled "baseboard" at home depot created our own 2-part base.  The good news is that the top portion requires ripping, sanding, and priming before being cut, fit, and painted...  Now I can spend the week filling nail holes, sanding, and touching up.  I really enjoy remodeling in general, but specifically I do not enjoy every minute detail.  Next up - wainscotting in the 2nd bath, and drafting plans for the custom wainscotting in the nursery.  With a little luck and lots of hard work we'll finish the upstairs before May!

5 comments:

Jason Addink said...

Did you "make it bacon?" Probably didn't help the stomach bug out.

I've got a fire hydrant wrench tucked away in the garage somewhere. I'll make sure to bring it next time we are up there. And then show young Thomas Gordon how to use it. Neighbors won't mind if we flood your cul-d-sac, will they?

This is the life said...

Sales Assistant? HA! Thanks for the laugh!!!

The house is looking great!

Elizabeth said...

Where did you get that hot looking outfit you're wearing in these photos? It's really attractive, and doesn't speak at all to old men sitting around having their 25 cent coffee at McDonalds.

ahijon said...

Heck - a SMALL coffee is a buck now! I WISH it was still 25 cents - those turkeys are making plenty of money off poor guys like me. Before you know it I'll have to pay for cream too! Course, cream isn't really cream any more either - most of it is processed chemicals, not like what you used to get delivered to your door by the milkman. Wasn't that long ago you got farm-fresh food delivered every day, and it was much cheaper. Walmart thinks they've got it all figured out - I have to drive all the way to their store to pick it up myself and pay way more for it than we used to. Speakin' of parking at those stores - it's hardly worth the hassle anymore unless you buy lots of groceries - course, you can't hardly carry any groceries in the size o' them trunks these days. Used to be I could carry a FULL SIZED spare tire, tools, luggage, and a sack-lunch with room to SPARE in my trunk - progress? We're movin' backwards in this country every day, but nobody listens to me!

Jason Addink said...

Holy rant Batman! ;)

Followers