Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mid-week update

Life has been really really busy!  The sales department hosted our final Fam-trip last weekend so I was partying hard with clients through Sunday.  I did manage to finish the plinths late last week though, and hung them Sunday evening.
So, all that lumber you saw stacked up last time next to a pile of sawdust turned into these really nice custom trim pieces.  As I mentioned before, they're just like the ones in our first house on Harvard Ave.  I really love the style, and you can't buy them in the store.  They really don't cost much in material, but they take a number of hours to make.

Now I'm cutting and coping trim all week in the evenings so I can spray them on Saturday if the weather is nice.  It's really looking like we'll finish end of April at this point (with a couple loose-ends).

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks good Bro! Where did you learn to do all this stuff? It's not like Dad had all these tools in the garage and "learned you all he knows"!

ahijon said...

I think I'm pre-disposed to being handy from both Grandpa's, Pat taught me a lot, and I've learned the rest the hard way. It's looking good, huh?

Sarah said...

It looks awesome. I can't wait to come out next month and see it!

Jason Addink said...

Nice plinths!

(like I even know what a plinth is...)

:)

Followers