Monday, March 1, 2010

Let's make some sawdust! (part 3?)

Besides the staircase, the wood floors upstairs are complete!
The dresser turned out nicely - I wish I had taken some photos showing the process of installing the drawer faces, but I didn't.  The dresser still needs to be trimmed out to the wall.

The master bath door jamb is in.

As well as the pocket door jamb.
This is a photo from our first house that kind of shows the plinth above the window.  I liked it so much I'm re-creating them for this house to go above the doorways.
This is a crummy sketch, but also might give you an idea of what they'll look like.  Tonight I cut the blanks for the main body, as well as the blanks for the detail in black.  But first I had to glue up some material shown below.


Here are the blanks - there's about 36 feet of each element or component of the plinth.
I also milled some coves tonight.
The cove-milling made a good-sized pile of sawdust.  No, my router is not connected to my dust collection system.  I'm waiting for some good-old Obama stimulus $ so I can correct this problem.
My table saw is however, connected to the dust collector and it was time to empty about 10 gallons of sawdust tonight.

1 comment:

Jason Addink said...

Did you compost that sawdust? Gotta be green if you want to get in on that stimulus green!

Followers