Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Little Break?

It rained in Utah most of last week, and since I need about 1/2 an acre to jockey all my trim pieces around for painting, I had to prioritize another project until fair weather returned.  I don't have many pictures, but my Brother/Sister-in-law have acquired a "new" 1989 Oldsmobile 88 from a great guy in our church.  The car belonged to his recently-deceased wife, and they were the original owners.  The car needed some basic maintenance - new belts, hoses, plugs, wires, etc.  It took almost 3 evenings, but we got everything buttoned up tight before last weekend.
Brandon was a big help, and great company.

I was really impressed with how well the car was built, and with most of the parts.  The electrical connections weren't brittle, and the wiring still plyable.  There's no valve-train noise, and the car runs really well.  Of course, that probably has a lot to do with Fred's careful maintenance and upkeep of the car.  I'll have to post a picture of the happy couple with their new "steed" soon.  Of course, we're expecting to get a call any day now - Wiz is about ready to have Henry, their second child!

No comments:

Followers