Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mommmm, momee, momy, ma ma mamoee, meooo, maaam maaamm eeee

Apparently I'm the only one who enjoyed the horrifying robot mouth - I've received several complaints.  I found it highly amusing, and compelling.  Sorry to leave it up so long, life has been very busy. I've had several meetings at church sorting through details associated with our new pastor, changes to our worship service, etc. I've had some late nights catching up at work. My mom, sister, and niece came out for a great visit. And we've been trying to organize things for Tommy who is due in a few short weeks.


I assumed that what's pictured here were plenty of clothes.  I learned recently that this is, in fact, not enough.  I recall hearing something about barf, blow-outs, and frequent changes, but it didn't make a lot of sense to me...  I'm also confused about why most people chuckle menacingly at me when we talk about me being a dad...

Baby clothes are actually sized by months!  I figured you went to the "kids" clothing bin and grabbed shirts, pants, and socks.  I've been told that Tommy will grow out of several sets of clothes in the first year - wow.
Katie is performing a function known as "de-pilling"...  I'm also unsure what that means, but her friend gave her some used clothes that are "darn cute".
We were thrilled to see Tommy's bed quilt, made with so much love, and attention to detail by his Grandma Bakker!  Thanks Mom, we love you!

3 comments:

Jason Addink said...

Yeah, you were supposed to call me. Checking my phone now... nope, no missed calls from Bakker! [eyeroll] :)

Katie got a weee nesting instinct going on? I'm chuckling (menacingly, of course) at the stack of clothes, the full closest, etc.

And I might steal that quilt when I come to visit. Nice!

ahijon said...

Yeah, it matches the sweet high-chair you made! Yes, I suck, but am wondering what's wrong with your dialing finger? I'll call you tomorrow!

Sarah said...

WE had a really great visit!

Followers